07 March 2018

Polychromatic Peony Dreams

I am so excited to share this post with you, I recently took the Polychromatic class at Altenew Academy and loved the inspiration shared, this coincided with my Peony dreams dies arriving so I just had to use them to make my next assignment for the Altenew Educator Certification program.



What does Polychromatic mean I hear you say, well the dictionary defines it as

Polychromatic
of two or more or of varying colours; multicoloured.


I started working with a A2 piece of card (4.25" x 5.5") I used some Black Soft form relief paste from Colourcraft  along with the Watercolor stripes stencil to add some texture to the panel. I set this aside to dry.

Next I gathered 4 sheets of purple cardstock and also a sheet of white. I added double side adhesive sheets to the back of all the cardstock.


Using the layering guide I cut my flower dies in the purples shades and leaves in the white. By adding the double sided adhesive before cutting it saves me having to use wet glue and I also get edge to edge adhesion.


On the reverse of the die packaging there is a layering guide, which can also be found at Altenew.com 

I used the Grey Artist Markers from set B to colour the leaves, next I peeled the backing from the die cuts and layered them together. To put the card together I added the leaves and die cut flowers before  adding a stamped and heat embossed sentiment to a strip of card.



The products I used to create the card are listed below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.