07 February 2017

Wax crayons and blowing bubbles, I'm a big kid at heart.

Good morning crafty friends, today I am sharing something a little different with you.....

I recently won a gift voucher to spend at Visible Image Stamps, yay I love their stamps. I decided that I would get myself the Sparkle in the rain stamp set and one of their sentiment sets. Today I wanted to show you how I created 2 projects using one stamp set.



For my first project I used a canvas board and a wax melting technique.  I started by stamping the Lady in Versamark Ink and heat embossing her. I then cut and folded a temporary canopy to go over the umbrella as I didn't want the wax to go over the stamping.



I then used cheap, really cheap wax crayons and melted each colour a little letting it run down the Canvas board. I love the effect it creates.




For my second project I have made a card, I created the background by blowing bubbles, yes you heard me right blowing bubbles......   I mixed some acrylic paint, washing up liquid and water and blew into it with a straw. As the bubbles reached the top of my container I placed some card on top, I repeated this twice more as I wanted 3 colours in the background.


Once dry I stamped my main image in black and then added the rain details in Versamark Ink and heat embossed with clear sparkle embossing powder.



I love thinking of different ways to use my craft products along with other things I already own at home. I home I've sparked your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.